Recap: Early morning of the 23nd of Sad. The party picked up some help: Kivhass, a blood tomanth. Although not a fighter, he can apparently work leather with extraordinary skill, and he has professed a desire to learn the warrior's arts. After receiving word from Bridaraarayus about where the party's enemies may have gone, they and the crew of "The Frozen Bitch" sailed for Takanal. P'Arkon performed an amazingly heroic (or amazingly stupid) reconnaissance of the Rabid Plant, with Equal and Goliath. It turns out that the blue elf and the guy with the double-bladed sword were there. In a short, fierce little battle involving the guards, the party, and whomever it is the party is chasing, Tram was nailed by arrows, Arkon was nearly done in by the Chre warhorse, and Equal lost his tail feathers. With another annoying obscuring mist, the miners that accompanied the blue elf and her companion disappeared into the night's snow. After dawn, it became apparent that the big warrior had doubled back on the party, for he galloped through the party on his warhorse. Unable to stop him, they continued to follow their tracks, using Equal as a scout. The tracks veered off at the broken entrance to the sewers beneath the ruins, and though there were signs of trolls, the party decided to go through the sewers. The alternative was to face the big guy with the double-bladed sword and his damned Chre warhorse, plus an undetermined number of fighters and miners, and the blue. (Continue with The Ruins of Tymarell…)
- Tram ordered a suit of masterwork leather armor from Ye Sival in Rilan, due around the 4th of Dasad. He told her that price was no option, and so she'll pour her considerable skill into the leathers that are to be crafted just for him. Ye Sival asks 14,000 SP for the masterwork leather armor +2 (AC +4) -- crafted as it is from a mixture of bulette and elasmosaur hide. A dark blue-green to dark blue in color, and specially treated, the armor will be exquisite.
- Stovan Kemal, the Amaran stock dealer, has offered to hire the group for 15 diamonds (500GP ea), to serve as escorts aboard a very special ship from Nikala -- a voyage of two months, both ways. He hasn't specified the cargo, but it's Chre war horses, worth nearly 2,000GP each. He has several favors he can call in, that would have them on a sloop to Teras, and then a galleon to Nikala. The sloop would leave on the 12th of Trisad.
- The party was promised 200,000 SP by the Baron and the Bishop, in exchange for the emerald chalice, but delivery won't take place until the 3rd of Dasad at the Soul Smithy at Mount Rilan. Payment: 500 ducats each.
- P'Arkon traded four ogran-cut gems taken from Joseph, the half-elf on the river barge, to the Shipwreck Zone for their equivalent in ducats. The gem-cutter there left one in its original condition, and cut the other three into smaller rubies. The uncut gem contains a paladin's soul, captured during the Second Crusades.
- Cutheros the Apothecary already had a buyer lined up and waiting for several rare and expensive dicalthal stones. Unfortunately, the ship was delayed in Kur Maeth, because dicalthal stones have arcane magic potential. If the party is willing, Cutheros would like them to go to Loregard, and then to Tent City, to parlay with the ogres for some -- and he may have something they'll trade. Cutheros will send along a +3 cursed battleaxe that he's been stuck with for a year, and a note from Brin Vridara authorizing its sale to the Ogre Nations. The mission is doubly vital, now that the sale of the dicalthal stones will help rebuild his apothecary.